Kindle Paperwhite (4th generation/2018): $179
+free delivery and touch pen and screen protector for students
Kindle Paperwhite (3rd generation): $159
All-new Kindle Paperwhite – Now Waterproof with 2x the Storage
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
The built-in adjustable light lets you read indoors and outdoors, day and night.
- Get instant access to new releases and bestsellers.
|Display||Amazon’s 6” Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta and built-in light, 300ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.|
|Size||6.6” x 4.6” x 0.3” ( 167 x 116 x 8.18 mm)|
|Weight||Wi-Fi: 6.4 oz (182 g) Wi-Fi + Free Cellular Connectivity: 6.8 oz (191 g) Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.|
|System Requirements||None; fully wireless and doesn’t require a computer to download content.|
|On-Device Storage||8 GB; holds thousands of books.|
|Cloud Storage||Free cloud storage for all Amazon content.|
|Battery Life||A single charge lasts up to six (6) weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 13. Battery life will vary based on light settings, wireless usage.|
|Charge Time||Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a computer via USB cable or fully charges in less than 3 hours with a 5W USB power adapter.|
|Wi-Fi Connectivity||Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).|
|Content Formats Supported||Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP through conversion.|
|Documentation||Quick Start Guide; Kindle Paperwhite User Guide [PDF]. Additional information in multiple languages available online.|
|Warranty and Service||1-year limited warranty and service included. Optional 1-year, 2-year or 3-year Extended Warranty available for customers sold separately. Use of Kindle is subject to the terms found here|
|Included in the box||Kindle Paperwhite, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide.|
|Waterproofing||Waterproof (IPX8), tested to withstand immersion in 2 meters of fresh water for 60 minutes. Learn more|
|Generation||All-new Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation – 2018 release.|
- New, higher resolution display (300 ppi)–now with twice as many pixels
- Now with Bookerly, our exclusive font, hand-crafted from the ground up for faster reading with less eyestrain
- Built-in adjustable light–read day and night
- Unlike tablets, no screen glare, even in bright sunlight
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Lighter than a paperback, holds thousands of books
- Exclusive features help build your vocabulary, learn about characters, and connect with like-minded readers–all without leaving the page
Display: Amazon’s 6″ Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta™ and built-in light, 300 ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale
Size: 6.7″ x 4.6″ x 0.36″ (169 mm x 117 mm x 9.1 mm)
Weight: Wi-Fi: 7.2 ounces (205 grams)
Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process
System Requirements: None; fully wireless and doesn’t require a computer to download content
On-Device Storage: 4 GB; holds thousands of books
Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to six weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage
Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a computer via USB cable
Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
Documentation: Quick Start Guide (included in box); Kindle Paperwhite User Guide (pre-installed on device) [PDF]. Additional information in multiple languages available online
Included in the Box Kindle Paperwhite, USB 2.0 charging cable and Quick Start Guide
“With an ebook reader, you can carry thousands of books at a time, and access a library of millions more, on a device that is smaller than a paperback and lasts for weeks on a single charge.”
The Verge gave the Paperwhite 3 a 9.0 out of 10, saying that “The Kindle Paperwhite is the best e-reader for most people by a wide margin” and liked the high-resolution screen.