- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to play music, make calls, set timers and alarms, ask questions, provide information, check weather, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, and more
- Just ask to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, subscription required) and TuneIn. Connects to external speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable.
- Use Echo Dot as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from your own collection or other services (requires Bluetooth connection from a compatible device, voice control not supported)
- Hands-free calling or messaging anyone who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in rooms throughout your home using just your voice (coming soon).
- Controls lights, plugs, and other compatible smart home devices
- Hears you from across the room with seven far-field microphones for hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Supported language: US English
Echo Dot can hear you from across the room, even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Dot responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo device, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you’re closest to.
Use the Alexa App (where available) to do even more with your Echo Dot and enable skills, which allow you to listen to news, control compatible smart home devices, and more. New skills are being added all the time, but availability and compatibility may vary by country.
|Size||32 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm|
|Weight||163 grams (5.7 oz) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.|
|Bluetooth connectivity||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.|
|Audio||Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).|
|System Requirements||Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Android, iOS devices, and also accessible via your web browser. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other fees.|
|Warranty and Service||90-day limited warranty and service included|
|Included in the box||Echo Dot, power adapter (9W), Micro-USB cable, and Quick Start Guide|